Arts Grant artist blog

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Progress on animated short

Hey y'all --

So I'm doing an animated short. Sounds complicated yes, but it's merely taking pictures and nudging pieces of construction paper around. It's tedious, annoying, and sometimes makes me want to strangle something cute and furry. But the end result makes it pretty worthwhile.

Here's some pics of what I've been doing. Feel free to e-mail me with feedback/what other pictures you'd like to see.

STORYBOARDS
I had to storyboard the entire animated short on index cards so I would know what shots to use, which props I need to make, etc. etc. I thought it was going to be a short and easy process. I ended up drawing and coloring 200+ index cards. Oy vey. Below are also some scans of the storyboards.

















MAKING THE CHARACTERS, SETS

I bought 20+ of construction paper and basically relived my kindergarten years making little cutout characters.





The classroom set for the animated short. I had waaay too much fun with it.




The chairs!



The toybox.



And of course, a necessity for every early elementary school classroom: the gold star chart.



The bookshelf/books.

FILMING


My film "set." I took over the living room in my house. Parents not too happy.


Some raw screens:












So that's what's been happening so far. There are more pictures on my facebook. Friend me if you'd like to see more.

Cheers!

Cristopher Bautista

No comments:

Post a Comment