Arts Grant artist blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

"Undone": Progress on our Film


Hey guys. Nicole here. Yun and I are in pre-production, trying to secure the different aspects of our film that need to fall into place before we actually start shooting, which will hopefully take place in a week. Things seem to be slowly but promisingly coming together. Thanks to some back-and-forth skyping between China and NY we managed to write our script over winter vacation. We've since finalized it, and have been devoting our energies to casting, storyboarding, figuring out crew and shooting locations, etc. As far as the visual arts element of our project is concerned, I've been working on some sculptures that will be incorporated into the film as props.

As we move forward, Yun has been sharing many film-experience pearls of wisdom with me, a film-making neophyte (it's so incredible to collaborate with someone whose artistic vision you really trust!). So far I've found the process of getting this thing off the ground totally all-consuming/rewarding/terrifying. Both Yun and I are excited to move on to the filming stage to remind ourselves what all of this planning and preparation has been for.

As you can see, I've included some images of the sculpture-props I've made.


No comments:

Post a Comment