Arts Grant artist blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Project Beginnings



















Hello Everyone,
I have just recently returned from a month long mountaineering trip and have begun my photo project. So far I have been contacting local farmers (Central Valley- in Yolo County) and conducting farm visits. So far I have visited two farms and have three more visits lined up for the next week. During these visits I have gotten a tour of the land and talked to the farmers/ their family about various issues of sustainability, life on their farm, and different reasons for choosing this lifestyle. So far the visits have been great and the farmers have been very generous with their time and produce! After my second visit I ended up staying the rest of the day on the farm and working for some great fresh veggies. I haven't really started sorting or editing my photos but I've included a couple from my last visit.
Mila

No comments:

Post a Comment