Arts Grant artist blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Oops - I meant Third Piece!


Working on the Third Piece
Oops! On my last post I said this was my second piece when it's my third - the second is in process still, since it's a photography piece. Being developed as I write.

For this one, I switched it around from what I originally planned. At first I was going to have the whole face showing but I decided a close up of a face from a profile view would be better. Decided to use tissue paper to give the painting texture and a suggestion of hair, and to convey a sense of spiritual fragility through the delicate material. I still have to section off the subject's face to show deterioration.
I'm now debating though whether I want to include fabric as I originally planned, or whether this would make the painting chaotic. Hm.


Started with a Basic Outline.


Then began with the tissue work. Used white tissue, which I then painted over with acrylic to get whatever color I wanted. The acrylic also helped as a glue.



Was considering whether I wanted to leave some white to get this rocky texture to give the painting harshness. Decided against it though, as it was too overpowering.

Adding color. Almost done - just need to section off the face and write in the text!

No comments:

Post a Comment