Arts Grant artist blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some paintings thus far...

So I thought I'd get things rolling with a post showing my work so far...
With this project my main goal has been to combine ideas of science, art, humanity, nature and growth/metamorphosis as such a combination seems rare within the art world.

The first painting I did in this series was the one to the far right with the bird. In this painting I tried to use the image of the bird with the upward-looking perspective to illustrate growth from the DNA as a kind of ladder or structure building on to something greater. The stairs were added to illustrate progression and try and drag the eye into and the up the rest of the painting.























I will write more about the other paintings later.

Please let me hear your thoughts on the works.


-- Tripp

















No comments:

Post a Comment